- Bitcoin advocate dishes out sats over Lightning Network to raise BTC awarenessby Cointelegraph By Joseph Hall on December 6, 2022 at 1:30 pm
A Twitter user from the United Kingdom spent hours sending micropayments to strangers on the internet to demonstrate the Bitcoin Lightning Network.
- First Mover Americas: Goldman to Spend Big on Crypto Post-FTXby Lyllah Ledesma, Omkar Godbole on December 6, 2022 at 1:15 pm
The latest price moves in bitcoin (BTC) and crypto markets in context for Dec. 6, 2022. First Mover is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter that contextualizes the latest actions in the crypto markets.
- ConsenSys to Update MetaMask Crypto Wallet in Response to Privacy Backlashby Sam Kessler on December 6, 2022 at 1:00 pm
ConsenSys clarified its data sharing practices and said it will rebuild MetaMaks’ settings page to address user concerns.
- UK Financial Regulator Seeks Comments on Ad Approval Process That Covers Cryptoby Camomile Shumba on December 6, 2022 at 12:46 pm
Only companies with Financial Conduct Authority permission will be allowed to approve promotional material, and crypto firms will be hit once the Financial Services and Markets Bill becomes law.
- Cardano Loses Moment, Here’s the Key Support to Watch (ADA Price Analysis)by Duo Nine on December 6, 2022 at 11:57 am
Cardano’s volume continues to decline, and with it – the price. If nothing changes, ADA may fall back to the key support. Key Support levels: $0.30, $0.28 Key Resistance levels: $0.34, $0.38 Despite making a local higher high, bulls lost their momentum, and now the price is found in a correction towards the key support
- Goldman Sachs to Invest Millions in Crypto Businesses Following FTX Meltdownby Dimitar Dzhondzhorov on December 6, 2022 at 11:45 am
Goldman Sachs sees some "really interesting opportunities" in the crypto industry following the FTX meltdown, McDermott said.
- Michael Saylor on the FTX fiasco: 'Unethical and illegal from the very beginning'by Cointelegraph By Savannah Fortis on December 6, 2022 at 11:31 am
Saylor calls SBF the “poster child of the crypto world” while breaking down his antics, which ultimately brought the downfall of his empire.
- A16z Elevates Former US CFTC Commissioner Quintenz to Policy Chiefby Jesse Hamilton on December 6, 2022 at 11:00 am
Brian Quintenz, a former commissioner with the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission who left the agency last year, is amplifying his role at crypto venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz (a16z) from advising to taking over as its head of policy, the company said on Tuesday.
- Court sets new deadline for Celsius restructuring planby Cointelegraph By Prashant Jha on December 6, 2022 at 10:58 am
Celsius halted withdrawals on the platform on Jun. 13 and filed for bankruptcy a month later on Jul. 13.
- Strike partners with Bitnob to facilitate cross-border payments into Africaby Cointelegraph By Joseph Hall on December 6, 2022 at 10:43 am
On stage at AfroBitcoin, Strike CEO Jack Mallers announced plans to improve remittance payments into Africa thanks to the Lightning Network on Bitcoin.
- UK crypto bill to restrict services from abroad: Reportby Cointelegraph By David Attlee on December 6, 2022 at 10:07 am
The regulatory amendments will broaden the powers of the country's financial regulator and put the crypto industry under tighter scrutiny.
- Calm Before the Storm? Bitcoin Consolidates at $17K (Market Watch)by George Georgiev on December 6, 2022 at 9:39 am
Bitcoin continues consolidating around $17K, begging the question if this is the calm before the storm.
- Texas enforcers want Sam Bankman-Fried to attend the hearing in February: Law Decodedby Cointelegraph By David Attlee on December 6, 2022 at 9:00 am
The Texas State Securities Board (SSB) invited the former CEO to attend the hearing on the alleged sale of unregistered securities on Feb. 2.
- Bitcoin's Stagnant Crypto Dominance Points to Investor Exodus After FTX Bankruptcyby Omkar Godbole on December 6, 2022 at 8:56 am
"Because of the size of this year's scandals and their far-reaching impacts, a lot of investors aren't moving to BTC because they're just leaving the space entirely," one expert said.
- Goldman Sachs reportedly looking to buy crypto firms after FTX collapseby Cointelegraph By Ezra Reguerra on December 6, 2022 at 8:33 am
Goldman Sachs executive Mathew McDermott said that their firm is already doing its due diligence on some crypto firms.
- Bitcoin 2022 bear market 'usual' despite key trend line loss — analystby Cointelegraph By William Suberg on December 6, 2022 at 8:23 am
On-chain data shows BTC price holding its historical trend, and the 200-week moving average is a poor way to assess the Bitcoin bear market, Superswell says.
- East African Bitcoin Miner Gridless Raises $2M Seed Roundby George Kaloudis on December 6, 2022 at 7:45 am
- Crypto Capital Reset Underway Following Final Flushout: Glassnodeby Martin Young on December 6, 2022 at 7:43 am
Crypto markets have been flushed out for what many believe is the final time for this bear cycle.
- Metallica issues crypto scam alert before the 72 Seasons album launchby Cointelegraph By Arijit Sarkar on December 6, 2022 at 7:27 am
Cashing in on the buzz around Metallica’s new album launch and upcoming tour, scammers have started targeting metalheads through social media impersonation.
- Goldman Sachs to Spend 'Tens of Millions' on Discounted Crypto Investments After FTX Implosion: Reportby Eliza Gkritsi on December 6, 2022 at 7:00 am
The investment bank sees a bigger need for trustworthy and established players in the crypto space.
- Silvergate CEO calls out ‘short sellers’ spreading misinformationby Cointelegraph By Brayden Lindrea on December 6, 2022 at 7:00 am
In the statement, Lane also took the opportunity to “set the record straight” about its investment relationship with FTX and the firm’s “robust risk management approach.”
- A loophole allowed FTX to secure its Aussie license without full checks: ASIC’s Longoby Cointelegraph By Brian Quarmby on December 6, 2022 at 6:01 am
ASIC’s Joseph Longo pointed the finger at a loophole that allowed FTX to acquire an Australian Financial Services License under its watch.
- Crypto Twitter uses new AI chatbot to make trading bots, blogs and even songsby Cointelegraph By Jesse Coghlan on December 6, 2022 at 5:54 am
A few simple prompts to a recently released AI chatbot is all Crypto Twitter needs to create trading bots, an investment thesis and a crypto-themed song.
- Rumors of a new native ‘Twitter Coin’ emerge while Dogecoiners remain hopefulby Cointelegraph By Brian Quarmby on December 6, 2022 at 4:28 am
Online tech sleuths claim to have uncovered a secret new project on Twitter, which is being referred to as “Twitter Coin.”
- First Mover Asia: Bitcoin Falls on Inflation Fears but Continues Its Ride Above $17Kby Sam Reynolds, James Rubin on December 6, 2022 at 3:54 am
ALSO: Sam Reynolds writes that Taiwan-based technology conglomerate HTC is looking to take its virtual headset business public as part of a quest to help cultivate the metaverse. But is the company going in the wrong direction?
- US consumer watchdog probes crypto firms over deceptive adsby Cointelegraph By Stephen Katte on December 6, 2022 at 3:30 am
The Federal Trade Commission is investigating several unnamed crypto firms over possible misconduct in the advertisement of digital assets.
- CryptoCom and Coca Cola Launch NFT Collection Inspired by the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022by Felix Mollen on December 6, 2022 at 3:27 am
The NFTs were created by GMUNK in partnership with CryptoCom and Coca-Cola and will explore different moments and aspects of the FIFA World Cup 'Qatar 2022'
- Ripple CTO shuts down ChatGPT’s XRP conspiracy theoryby Cointelegraph By Jesse Coghlan on December 6, 2022 at 2:41 am
An AI chatbot alleged Ripple can secretly control its blockchain through an undisclosed backdoor in the network’s code and has been ridiculed by the firm’s chief technology officer.
- Kentucky to scrutinize contracts offering cheaper electricity to minersby Cointelegraph By Brayden Lindrea on December 6, 2022 at 2:28 am
The Kentucky government is investigating whether the proposed discounted electricity for crypto miners will raise electricity costs for Kentucky residents.
- Bitcoin Mining Difficulty Drops Most Since July 2021 as Crypto Winter Cuts Profitabilityby Eliza Gkritsi on December 6, 2022 at 2:00 am
Bitcoin miners are being caught between rising costs and the lower price of bitcoin.
- Maxine Waters Is Not Playing With SBF. Says It Is Imperative That He Attends Their Hearingby Felix Mollen on December 6, 2022 at 1:26 am
Maxine Waters asked SBF nicely to attend a hearing on December 13. SBF refused. Now she insisted —using a less friendly tone.
- Ether Turns Inflationary as Network Usage Slowsby Jocelyn Yang on December 6, 2022 at 1:13 am
Ether's annualized inflation rate previously dropped below zero following the collapse of FTX-induced market volatility, which spurred a rise in Ethereum network usage. The positive inflation rate indicated ETH being minted outpaced being burned.
- Standard Chartered Analyst Explains Why BTC Will Suffer Even More in 2023 (Report)by Dimitar Dzhondzhorov on December 6, 2022 at 12:53 am
Bitcoin could drop to $5,000 in 2023, while gold could soar to an ATH of $2,250 per ounce in 2023, Robertsen stated.
- Nexo is Leaving the United States Due to Regulatory Difficultiesby Andrew Throuvalas on December 6, 2022 at 12:26 am
Nexo said it is too difficult to comply with the “inconsistent and changing positions” of regulators in the United States.
- DeFi Risk-Sharing Protocol Nexus Expects Loss on Maple Credit Pool Investment as FTX Contagion Widensby Krisztian Sandor on December 5, 2022 at 11:52 pm
Nexus Mutual, which offers an insurance alternative for decentralized finance traders, deposited some $19 million in ETH to Maple’s wrapped ether credit pool, which was rocked by Orthogonal Trading’s recent default.