- 7 people who could be Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamotoby Cointelegraph By Alice Ivey on January 24, 2023 at 3:34 pm
To this day, the exact identity of Satoshi Nakamoto remains a mystery.
- SushiSwap passes 100% fee relocation, 10.9M SUSHI clawback proposalsby Cointelegraph By Zhiyuan Sun on January 24, 2023 at 3:30 pm
100% of trading fees on the platform will soon be redirected to the SushiSwap treasury for maintenance and expenses.
- Ethereum vs. Bitcoin: ETH price risks 20% drop if key support level breaksby Cointelegraph By Yashu Gola on January 24, 2023 at 3:23 pm
ETH price has repeatedly failed to break above a key trendline resistance and now Ethereum risks losing a strong technical support as well.
- Crypto Recovery Specialist Asset Reality Raises $4.91M to Hire Engineers, Expand Opsby Frederick Munawa on January 24, 2023 at 3:00 pm
The irreversibility of cryptocurrency transactions presents a unique challenge for recovering stolen assets. The seed funding round was led by Framework Ventures and other investors.
- 7 ways to address the dev talent shortage in the crypto industryby Cointelegraph By Cointelegraph Innovation Circle on January 24, 2023 at 3:00 pm
The crypto industry isn’t unique in facing a developer shortage, but it can develop some unique solutions to the problem.
- Reformed ‘altcoin slayer’ Eric Wall on shitposting and scaling Ethereumby Cointelegraph By Andrew Fenton on January 24, 2023 at 2:30 pm
- Amid crypto winter, central banks rethink in-house digital currenciesby Cointelegraph By Shiraz Jagati on January 24, 2023 at 2:01 pm
In recent months, four countries that had previously initiated major CBDC pilot programs have scrapped their adoption plans altogether.
- QuickNode Raises $60M in Series B at $800M Valuationby Brandy Betz on January 24, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Crypto fund 10T Fund led the round TradFi giant Tiger Global was among the other backers.
- Blockchain developer QuickNode raises $60M at $800M valuationby Cointelegraph By Sam Bourgi on January 24, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Like other blockchain developers, QuickNode is pivoting sharply into Web3 — a sector that has attracted keen venture capital interest.
- Listen-and-Earn allows Bitcoin payments for podcasters and listenersby Cointelegraph By Savannah Fortis on January 24, 2023 at 2:00 pm
The Fountain podcasting app announced a partnership with ZEBEDEE to allow podcast creators and listeners the ability to earn Bitcoin for their time spent with content.
- Why Tax Deferral for Crypto-to-Crypto Like-Kind Exchanges Would Be Good for Us Allby Ralph Benko, Todd White on January 24, 2023 at 1:50 pm
- SEC and Grayscale to Debate on a Bitcoin ETF in Court in Marchby Dimitar Dzhondzhorov on January 24, 2023 at 1:44 pm
The SEC and Grayscale will argue on a Bitcoin ETF in court in March.
- TradFi and DeFi come together — Davos 2023by Cointelegraph By Gareth Jenkinson on January 24, 2023 at 1:27 pm
On this episode of Decentralize With Cointelegraph, the team reflects on their week in Davos covering the World Economic Forum as crypto and TradFi continue to collide.
- Binance holds token collateral and user funds on same wallet by ‘mistake’by Cointelegraph By Helen Partz on January 24, 2023 at 1:27 pm
Binance previously said the firm’s corporate holdings are recorded in separate accounts and should not form part of the proof-of-reserves calculations.
- 5 quick steps Markets Pro members used for 120x returns trading the news in 2021 & 2022by Cointelegraph By Cointelegraph on January 24, 2023 at 1:18 pm
Successful investors in the bear market turn to advanced machine learning algorithms and news indicators for trade opportunities.
- First Mover Americas: Bitcoin's on a Tear, Up 30% in 2 Weeksby Lyllah Ledesma, Omkar Godbole on January 24, 2023 at 1:04 pm
The latest price moves in bitcoin (BTC) and crypto markets in context for Jan. 24, 2023. First Mover is CoinDesk’s daily newsletter that contextualizes the latest actions in the crypto markets.
- Binance Mistakenly Mixed Crypto Exchange's Customer Funds With B-Token Collateral: Bloombergby Lyllah Ledesma on January 24, 2023 at 12:58 pm
The world's largest crypto exchange by volume said it is in the process of transferring the collateral out of the shared wallet.
- What is the Bitcoin Loophole, and how does it work?by Cointelegraph By Arunkumar Krishnakumar on January 24, 2023 at 12:56 pm
Anyone can make money trading Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies thanks to Bitcoin Loophole, a well-known automated trading platform.
- Binance Processed $346M of Bitcoin Trades for Crypto Exchange Bitzlato: Reutersby Jamie Crawley on January 24, 2023 at 12:54 pm
The world's largest crypto exchange by trade volume transacted the figure across 205,000 transactions between May 2018 and Bitzlato's closure last week.
- Biggest Challenge for Cardano Ahead Following 45% Monthly Surge (ADA Price Analysis)by Duo Nine on January 24, 2023 at 12:30 pm
Cardano’s price managed to steadily push higher day after day. But for how long can the bulls keep the rally alive? Key Support levels: $0.36 Key Resistance levels: $0.40 As the price continues its ascend, ADA will face a significant challenge the $0.40, where the expectation is for sellers to make a stand. In the
- Bitcoin's Weekly Options Trading Volume Rises to Highest Since FTX's Meltdownby Omkar Godbole on January 24, 2023 at 12:15 pm
The uptick in bitcoin options volume is mainly driven by an increased demand for call options or bullish bets.
- Uniswap holders propose ditching Ethereum for BNB Chain to deploy v3 protocolby Cointelegraph By Ezra Reguerra on January 24, 2023 at 12:08 pm
80% of UNI holders voted to support the deployment of the Uniswap protocol’s v3 to BNB Chain, while the remaining voters voted against the move.
- EU Plans Digital Euro Bill, Metaverse Policy for May, Commission Saysby Jack Schickler on January 24, 2023 at 12:01 pm
The bill is set to underpin a putative new central bank digital currency , financial services commissioner Mairead McGuinness said
- Genesis creditors file securities lawsuit against Barry Silbert and DCGby Cointelegraph By Helen Partz on January 24, 2023 at 11:33 am
Amid Genesis going through its first bankruptcy hearings, a group of creditors have slapped the firm with a new class action lawsuit.
- Solana’s Wormhole Bridge Exploiter Moves $155M in ETHby Chayanika Deka on January 24, 2023 at 11:25 am
The address associated with the $320 million exploit saw an eruption in on-chain activity this week.
- Crypto Tax Proposed by Lawmakers to Fund EU Budgetby Jack Schickler on January 24, 2023 at 11:17 am
Taxing capital gains, mining or crypto transactions are all being examined to fund the bloc’s $185 billion annual spending.
- EU Lawmakers Impose ‘Prohibitive’ Requirements on Banks’ Cryptoby Jack Schickler on January 24, 2023 at 10:31 am
The vote in the European Parliament's Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee is intended to anticipate international bank-capital norms.
- This $25K BTC price target would spell misery for Bitcoin shortersby Cointelegraph By William Suberg on January 24, 2023 at 10:28 am
Serious BTC short liquidations are just a stone's throw away, but Bitcoin has so far failed to beat resistance.
- DeFi Protocol Sushi Passes Two Governance Votes to Strengthen Treasuryby Shaurya Malwa on January 24, 2023 at 10:02 am
The separate proposals passed in the past two days by Sushi community voters are part of a broader plan to ensure the project’s longevity.
- BNB at Highest Levels Since FTX Crash, Lido (LDO) Taps 5-Month Peak: Market Watchby Jordan Lyanchev on January 24, 2023 at 9:56 am
BNB has added over $100 since December 17.
- Bitcoin Breakout Has Opened Doors to $25K: Analystsby Omkar Godbole on January 24, 2023 at 9:48 am
Bitcoin looks north, with further gains hinging on sentiment in traditional risk assets, one analyst said.
- Orbeon Protocol (ORBN)’s Developers Release More Tokens as Presale Sold Out Earlyby Press Release on January 24, 2023 at 9:21 am
[PRESS RELEASE – Please Read Disclaimer] A newly added phase 4 of the presale commences as over 8 million tokens are sold in 24hrs. Orbeon Protocol (ORBN) is a decentralized investment platform that will allow everyday investors to purchase tokens from various web2 and web3 early-stage projects. Orbeon Protocol includes an inbuilt wallet, an on-ramp
- Yesports and 30 Partners Announce Convergence 2023 – Digital Web3 Gaming-to-Esports Conferenceby Press Release on January 24, 2023 at 9:17 am
[PRESS RELEASE – New York, United States of America, 23rd January 2023] Yesports.gg, the leading gateway for web3 gamers and esports fans, announced today that registration is now open for the highly-anticipated “Convergence 2023” event. The largest digital web3 gaming to esports conference, hosted by Yesports founder Sebastian Quinn, will take place over three days
- Swapping More Than $157M of ETH for stETH and Levering Up, the Wormhole Network Exploiter Is a DeFi Degenby Sage D. Young on January 24, 2023 at 8:57 am
Data sourced from Etherscan indicates that the exploiter first swapped 95,360 ETH worth roughly $157 million on DeFi Aggregator OpenOcean and then transacted smaller amounts capital through several decentralized finance (DeFi) protocols such as Kyber Network and 1Inch.
- British authorities split on banning sale of crypto investment productsby Cointelegraph By David Attlee on January 24, 2023 at 8:44 am
Policymakers in the United Kingdom are divided on whether the sale, marketing and distribution of derivatives and exchange-traded notes, tied with crypto, should be banned.